How to Use a Tampon
We all assume that we’ve been using tampons correctly for the last 20 years, but just to be sure, here’s the definitive guide on how to use a tampon, the right way.
Follow the directions below to properly insert your tampon.
- Start by washing your hands with antibacterial soap and water. Take a deep breath and tell yourself you’re beautiful.
- Unwrap the tampon from the protective wrapper. If the tampon happens to fall on the floor or a surface that is unclean, start over with a new tampon. (The 5 second rule does not apply to tampons).
- Sit or stand in a comfortable position. (Squatting is cool too.)
- Hold the tampon with your dominant hand (the hand that you write with) at the section where the inner tube meets the outer tube of the applicator. The string should be pointed away from your body at this point.
- Gently insert the tampon (with the applicator) in your vaginal opening. Side note, you’ve got three holes down there: your urethra (where the pee comes out), your anus (where the poop comes out), and your vagina. Your vagina, aka the Middle Hole, is where your tampon goes.
- Press the tampon slowly towards your lower back until your fingers meet your body.Using your index finger, press the inner tube through the outer tube. This will insert the tampon into your body.
- Using your thumb and index finger, remove the outer tube of the applicator and discard it in a wastebasket.
- Wash your hands again and get to steppin’ girl.
- Remember..organic or not..tampons can cause TSS if you leave them in your body too long. Make sure that you change your tampon every 2-4 hours to be safe.
Once your tampon is properly inserted, you really should not feel anything, and definitely not any discomfort. Always use the lowest absorbency that you really need to avoid shedding excess fibers when you remove your tampon. If you’re still confused and really need a step by step tutorial, check out WikiHow for How to Use A Tampon (with Pictures).
Still have questions? Check out this article on Cosmo for 16 Things You’re Doing Wrong with Your Tampons.
The post How to Use a Tampon appeared first on Organic Tampon Subscription I Monthly Period Box.